welcome to year 5
Class 16 Class 17 Class 18
Miss Kettlewell Mrs Codling/Mrs Kirk Mr English
Mrs Hackman Mrs Yockney Mrs Swindall
IMPORTANT links for parents: Year 5 Curriculum evening 2020.ppt - Please click for further information.
P.E. DAY - TUESDAY
1) Complete 5 columns of spellings.
2) Complete 5 reads with a detailed comment in your reading record.
3) Complete the Triumphant in Ten Maths sheet + self-mark with the answers provided.
These should be completed in your homework book with any workings shown.
OAK NATIONAL ACADEMY
jigsaw - PSHE & RSE
Government "My Activity Passport - Activities for children
Phonics Play - free access
Documents - please click to open
- Year 5 Homework Guidance
- Parents’ guide to the Year 5 curriculum
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Grammar Guide
- Year 5 Curriculum Map
- PGL meeting presentation
- Year 5 PE days are usually on TUESDAY however children need to have their PE kits in school every day of the week as we may take PE opportunities at other points in the week should we feel this would benefit the children.
- Weekly music lessons will take place on a Tuesday afternoon. The children will be continuing their knowledge of how to play the ukelele but will focus more on intonation, reading sheet music and learning different tunes.
- If your child has anything they wish to discuss, please encourage them to approach their teacher first. In Year 5 we strive to achieve greater independence. We operate an open-door policy and welcome parents and guardians to approach and discuss any concerns with their child’s teacher. Many thanks for your support in this busy academic year.
Useful Links - Please click to open
- BBC Bitesize (https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
- TimesTable Rockstars (https://play.ttrockstars.com)
Links to other sites
Certain links, including hypertext links, in Our Site will take you outside of our site. Links are provided for your convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked site, its operator or its content. We are not responsible for the content of any website outside our Site.