|Class 16||Class 17||Class 18|
|Mr English||Mrs Wojewodka
|Mrs Swindall||Mrs Seymour|
Important Information for Parents:
Indoor PE for Year 5 will be on Monday's
Outdoor PE for Year 5 will be on Wednesday's
Children need to come to school wearing their PE kit on these days.
On Monday's, for indoor PE, children MUST have shorts on underneath their jogging bottoms.
Children will stay in their kit all day.
Please ensure that children have a plain grey hoodie for PE (and not black)
Homework will be set on Mondays and will be due in on the following Monday.
Spelling tests will be completed on Monday's too.
It is important that all homework is completed and handed in on time.
Reading records and red homework books need to be brought in on Monday's for teachers to check.
Homework for this week is:
- Please read 5x and record in the reading diary. You can read a book from school or choose an age appropriate book from home.
- Children will need to record the date of reading, name of book and write a short comment in the box in the record to reflect what they liked or disliked about the book. Adults will need to sign the reading record each week
- Suggestions of what to write can be found below.
I liked ……. because …….
I disliked ……. because …….
I would like to know what…….
My favourite part was…….
…….. was my favourite character because …….
The ……..was ………
I want to know why…….
- Please write out your spellings neatly in your homework book 5x and learn the words carefully.
Make sure you know the meanings of the words.
A link to Term 2 Spellings can be found here
Times Table Rockstars
- In Year 5, we will be prioritising arithmetic homework over Times Table Rockstars.
We do encourage children to continue to practise their tables however we will not be setting a time limit. Instead, we expect arithmetic homework to be completed to the standard expected in school.
Please find the arithmetic homework here - click here
These will be marked in class
If you have any problems with your homework, you can email the office and teachers will get back to you as soon as possible.
Documents - please click to open
- Year 5 Homework Guidance
- Parents’ guide to the Year 5 curriculum
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Grammar Guide
- If your child has anything they wish to discuss, please encourage them to approach their teacher first. In Year 5 we strive to achieve greater independence.
- To communicate with the class teacher you can either ring the school office on 01793 700443 or email the office email@example.com to be forwarded to the class teacher and they will get back to you as soon as possible
Many thanks for your support in this busy academic year.
PGL Barton Hall Residential Trip 24th - 28th April 2023
Monday 30th October - First day of Term 2 (Indoor PE as normal for Y5)
Wednesday 1st November - STEAM Museum Trip
Thursday 9th November - Learning Review Meetings 4pm-7pm
Tuesday 14th November - Learning Review Meetings 4pm-7pm
Monday 20th November - Thursday 23rd November - Science Week
Thursday 23rd November - PTA Disco
Friday 24th November - PTA Non-Uniform Day
Monday 4th December - Class 16 Peace Assembly 9am
Tuesday 5th December - Class 17 Peace Assembly 9am
Wednesday 6th December - Class 18 Peace Assembly 9am
Thursday 7th December - PTA Christmas Bazaar
Wednesday 13th December - Christmas Dinner
Useful Links - Please click to open
- BBC Bitesize (https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
- TimesTable Rockstars (https://play.ttrockstars.com)
Links to other sites
Certain links, including hypertext links, in Our Site will take you outside of our site. Links are provided for your convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked site, its operator or its content. We are not responsible for the content of any website outside our Site.