welcome to year 5
|Class 16||Class 17||Class 18|
|Mr Fry||Mrs Rochester||Miss Glasspole|
|Mrs Early||Mrs Greenfield||Mrs Seymour|
PGL BARTON HALL - FIRST DAY OF ACTIVITIES
Important Information for Parents:
P.E Days - Monday (Outdoor) and Wednesday (Indoor)
Please come to school wearing your PE kit on these days
On Wednesdays, children MUST have shorts on underneath their jogging bottoms
Children will stay in their kit all day
Please ensure that children have a plain grey hoodie for PE (and not black)
Term 5 Spellings can be found here
Homework will be set on Mondays and will be due in on the following Monday
Homework set on a Monday
- Please read 5x and record in your reading diary. You can read a book from school or choose an age appropriate book from home
- Children will need to record the date of reading, name of book and write a short comment in the box in the record to reflect what they liked or disliked about the book. Adults will need to sign the reading record each week
- There is a reading activity for you on Purple Mash called 'The Serpents of the Nebula'
Times Table Rockstars -
- Please log into Times Table Rockstars and play at least 5x this week
Your login is in the front of your homework book
- Spellings Please write out your spellings neatly in your homework book 5x and learn the words carefully
If you have any problems with your homework, you can email your teacher on Purple Mash.
Reading records and red homework books need to be brought in on Monday's for teachers to check
Documents - please click to open
- Year 5 Homework Guidance
- Parents’ guide to the Year 5 curriculum
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Grammar Guide
- Year 5 Curriculum Map
- Weekly music lessons will take place on a Tuesday afternoon. The children will be continuing their knowledge of how to play the ukelele but will focus more on intonation, reading sheet music and learning different tunes.
- If your child has anything they wish to discuss, please encourage them to approach their teacher first. In Year 5 we strive to achieve greater independence.
- To communicate with the class teacher you can either ring the school office on 01793 700443 or email the office email@example.com to be forwarded to the class teacher and they will get back to you as soon as possible
Many thanks for your support in this busy academic year.
- Monday 25th April: Term 5 starts
- Friday 27th May - Queen's Jubilee - Dress up in Red, White and Blue
- Monday 30th May - Friday 3rd June: Half-term break
- Monday 6th June: TD day
- Tuesday 7th June: TD day
- Wednesday 8th June: Term 6 starts
- Friday 22nd July: Final day of the year
Useful Links - Please click to open
- BBC Bitesize (https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
- TimesTable Rockstars (https://play.ttrockstars.com)
Links to other sites
Certain links, including hypertext links, in Our Site will take you outside of our site. Links are provided for your convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked site, its operator or its content. We are not responsible for the content of any website outside our Site.