Welcome to Year 1
Mrs Shea Miss Parsons Miss Osborne
Class 4 Class 5 Class 6
Mrs Ravenscroft (class 5)
Mrs Puntis (class 4)
Mrs Viranyi (class 6)
Mrs Heppinstall (class 4)
WELCOME TO YEAR ONE (Please click to open)
Class 5 Monday and Thursday
Class 6 Tuesday and Wednesday
Class 4 Monday and Thursday
Library Bus Days
Class 5 and 6 Mondays, Class 4 Wednesday
Documents - please click to open
- Autumn Topic Web - Phenomenal Nature
- Year 1 Homework
- Year 1 Reading Prompt
- Key Stage 1 Calculation Policy
- Year 1 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Parents’ guide to the Year 1 curriculum
- Key Instant Recall Facts - Autumn 1 and 2
- Year 1 Phonics Screening Check (School Information)
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Year 1 Phonics Screen Check Parents Information
Our maths homework is to work on our Passport Targets.
Children are expected to read at least 3 times a week and record it in their reading journals.
- Homework guidance
- Additional resources (website links)
- Takeaway menu – optional additional homework
Year 1 Dates
Tuesday 13th November 2018 - Curriculum Evenings (Y1 – Y6)
- Parents Evenings
Thursday 7th March 2019
Tuesday 12th March 2019
Phonics Screening (Y1 and relevant Y2)
Monday 29th April 2019
New to Year group (Y1 and Y3)
Monday 1st July 2019
Tuesday 16th July 2019 (with reports going out on Friday 12th July 2019)
Links- please click to open
Letters and Sounds– This is a great website where you can play games to practise your phonics.
Numbertime - fun games to support numeracy
Numeracy activities - Maths activities specifically for Year One children.
Family Learning - A super site with links for literacy and numeracy games.
Barnaby Bear - help Barnaby on his travels.