Welcome to Year 4
Miss. Van den Daele + Mrs. Graham
Mrs. Early Mrs. Coutts Mrs. Fry
Documents - please click to open
Don’t forget to read at least 3 times to an adult this week and ask them to sign your reading record.
The spellings you are learning should be highlighted in school each week.
Learn your spellings every night. At the end of the week, you should have four columns of the spellings you’re learning in your homework book.
Times Table Rock Stars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
Homework books and Reading Record books must be handed in every Monday please.
- Year 4 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Parents’ guide to the Year 4 curriculum
- Y4 Curriculum Map
- Reading Questions
- Grammar Passport
- Spelling Passport
- Spellings Term 1
- Spellings Term 2
- Spellings Term 3
- Spellings Term 4
- Spellings Term 5
- Spellings Term 6
- Monday 2nd September 2019 - Start of Term 1
- Class 13 has indoor PE on Monday mornings and outdoor PE on Thursday afternoons.
- Class 14 has indoor PE on Monday mornings and outdoor PE on Thursday afternoons.
- Class 15 has indoor PE on Tuesday mornings and outdoor PE on Thursday afternoons.
Please ensure your child has a PE kit at school every day.
Year 4 kick-started the year with an unexpected visitor… an Anglo-Saxon warrior! After sharing many tales of battle, he asked us to join him in a shield and spear workshop. The children mastered the art of spear-throwing and shield-charging. We also looked at many Anglo-Saxon treasures, including jewellery, clothing, musical instruments and even armour. Find out more about our epic adventure in the photos below…
Links -Please click to open
- KENKEN PUZZLES - use your logic to solve these problems
- USEFUL WEBSITES - web sites for a variety of subject areas
- FOOTBALL ADDITION
- MATHS PLAYGROUND - multiplication and division games
- WOODLANDS - Mental Maths
- TEACHINGTABLES - times tables
- MATHS-GAMES.ORG - times table games
- CRICKWEB - times tables
- ECHALK - times tables
- WHAT2LEARN - times tables
- Factors games