Welcome to Year 4
Miss Kettlewell and Mrs Rigby
Mrs. Yockney Mrs. Coutts
Documents - please click to open
Don’t forget to read at least 3 times to an adult this week and ask them to sign your reading record.
The spellings you are learning should be highlighted in school each week.
Learn your spellings every night. Write out the spellings that you are learning, every night. On the first night choose 6 spellings that will challenge you and put them into a sentence underlining the spelling with a ruler and pencil.
E.g. The boy’s football was stuck in the bush because his friend kicked it too hard.
Numeracy: Objective: to use efficient written methods for multiplication
Use column multiplication to find the answers to the following calculations.
42 x 6 345 x 7 287 x 8 123 x 9
Homework books must be handed in on Monday 28th January.
- Year 4 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Parents’ guide to the Year 4 curriculum
- Autumn Term Topic Web
- Y4 Curriculum Map
- Maths Passport Guidance and Resources
- Calculation Policy
- KIRFs - Autumn Term 1
- KIRFs - Autumn Term 2
- KIRFs - Spring Term 1
- KIRFs - Spring Term 2
- KIRFs - Summer Term 1
- KIRFs - Summer Term 2
- Reading Questions
- Grammar Passport
- Spelling Passport
- Spellings Term 1
- Spellings Term 2
- Spellings Term 3
- Spellings Term 4
- Spellings Term 5
- Spellings Term 6
- Tuesday 29th January 2019 - Roman Gladiator visit
Thursday 7th March 2019 – Parents Evening
Tuesday 12th March 2019 – Parents Evening
Friday 12th July 2019 - Reports to parents
- Class 13 has outdoor PE on Monday mornings and indoor PE on Wednesday afternoons.
- Class 14 has outdoor PE on Monday mornings and indoor PE on Wednesday afternoons.
- Class 15 has outdoor PE on Tuesday mornings and indoor PE on Wednesday afternoons.
Please ensure your child has a PE kit at school every day.
Coming soon ...
Links -Please click to open
- BRICKS NUMERACY GAME - practice your addition and subtraction skills
- KENKEN PUZZLES - use your logic to solve these problems
- USEFUL WEBSITES - web sites for a variety of subject areas
- FOOTBALL ADDITION
- TOP MARKS - multiplication and division games
- MATHS PLAYGROUND - multiplication and division games
- WOODLANDS - Mental Maths
- MAD4MATHS - times tables
- TEACHINGTABLES - times tables
- MATHS-GAMES.ORG - times table games
- CRICKWEB - times tables
- ECHALK - times tables
- WHAT2LEARN - times tables
- TABLE SHOOTER
- x 10 + x100 games
- Factors games
- ENGLISH GAMES - TOPMARKS
- ENGLISH GAMES - WOODLANDS LITERACY ZONE