Welcome to Year 4
Mrs Sanghera + Mrs Rigby
Mrs. Yockney Mrs. Coutts
Documents - please click to open
Don’t forget to read at least 3 times to an adult this week and ask them to sign your reading record.
The spellings you are learning should be highlighted in school each week.
Learn your spellings every night. Write out the spellings that you are learning, every night. On the first night put 6 spellings into 6 sentence, underlining the spelling with a ruler and pencil.
E.g. The boy’s football was stuck in the bush because his friend kicked it too hard.
Maths: Objective: to develop rapid recall of mental maths facts.
Multiplying a 2 digit number by 10 and 100. See instructions on the sheet which your child has been given at school. An additional copy can be downloaded by clicking here.
Homework books must be handed in on Monday 19th November.
Optional additional homework - Click here
- Year 4 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Parents’ guide to the Year 4 curriculum
- Autumn Term Topic Web
- Maths Passport Guidance and Resources
- Calculation Policy
- KIRFs - Autumn Term 1
- KIRFs - Autumn Term 2
- KIRFs - Spring Term 1
- KIRFs - Spring Term 2
- KIRFs - Summer Term 1
- KIRFs - Summer Term 2
- Reading Questions
- Grammar Passport
- Spelling Passport
- Spellings Term 1
- Spellings Term 2
- Spellings Term 3
- Spellings Term 4
- Spellings Term 5
- Spellings Term 6
Saturday 6th October 2018 – Haydonleigh Open Day
Thursday 11th October 2018 – Parents Evening
Tuesday 16th October 2018 – Parents Evening
Wednesday 24th October 2018 – TD Day
Thursday 25thOctober 2018 – Half Term break begins
Monday 5th November 2018 – Term 2
Tuesday 13th November 2018 - Curriculum Meeting
Thursday 7th March 2019 – Parents Evening
Tuesday 12th March 2019 – Parents Evening
Friday 12th July 2019 - Reports to parents
- Class 13 has outdoor PE on Monday mornings and indoor PE on Wednesday afternoons.
- Class 14 has outdoor PE on Monday mornings and indoor PE on Wednesday afternoons.
- Class 15 has outdoor PE on Tuesday mornings and indoor PE on Wednesday afternoons.
Please ensure your child has a PE kit at school every day.
Coming soon ...
Links -Please click to open
- BRICKS NUMERACY GAME - practice your addition and subtraction skills
- KENKEN PUZZLES - use your logic to solve these problems
- USEFUL WEBSITES - web sites for a variety of subject areas
- FOOTBALL ADDITION
- TOP MARKS - multiplication and division games
- MATHS PLAYGROUND - multiplication and division games
- WOODLANDS - times tables
- MAD4MATHS - times tables
- TEACHINGTABLES - times tables
- MATHS-GAMES.ORG - times table games
- CRICKWEB - times tables
- ECHALK - times tables
- WHAT2LEARN - times tables
- TABLE SHOOTER
- x 10 + x100 games
- Factors games
- ENGLISH GAMES - TOPMARKS
- ENGLISH GAMES - WOODLANDS LITERACY ZONE