Miss Van den Daele & Mrs Graham
Mon,Tues Weds, Thurs, Fri
Our Teaching Assistants: Miss Fisher Mrs Lacey Mrs Ainsworth Mrs Kimber Mrs Lovell
- Parents’ guide to the Year 3 Curriculum
- Curriculum Map
- Year 3 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Reading, Writing and Maths
NB: There is no swimming tuition for Year 3 pupils at this time. We will keep you updated of any changes.
- Reading - Log on to Purple Mash and complete the '2Do' activities - Read Chapter 2 of Max and the Pirates of Puddleton Bay then answer the quiz about it. There is an optional extra activity 'Joining Words' which you may complete if you wish. (https://www.purplemash.com)
- School reading books - Read at home on at least 5 occasions every week - record this in your yellow Reading Record
- Maths- Log on to Times Table Rock Stars and play at least 3 games (https://ttrockstars.com/)
- Spellings- Copy out your weekly spellings x 5 ready for your weekly Monday test
ADDITIONAL HOMEWORK GUIDANCE...
****Please note due to COVID19 we are regularly reviewing and updating the homework we set. It may take the form of an online activity or practising a skill at home. We will set clear expectations each week with the children, explained and demonstrated to pupils in class, and update this page accordingly***
Please note NO homework or spelling books should be brought into school at this time. The children will be given their books, spellings and any necessary login details at the start of each term to take home. Homework will be explained, discussed, reviewed and celebrated in class on a weekly basis. Under each subject heading below are further details of weekly homework tasks set for pupils in Year 3.
Please encourage your child to copy out and learn this week's spellings each day, for a total of 5 days every week. There are lots of suggested spelling strategies in their homework books. Spellings are set on a Monday and tested the following Monday morning, so children have one week to learn their words. Please click below to open the spellings below:
Reading homework will be available on the Purple Mash website (https://www.purplemash.com) each week. Their homework will be checked by teachers the following Monday.
Your child can find their login details in the front of their red homework book. The weekly tasks can always be found under the '2Do's' tab. Weekly, there will be a chapter to read, a quiz on the chapter, and an optional extra activity.
Please encourage your child to read at least 3 times each week, to an adult where possible, and record this in their yellow Reading Record.
Please practice times tables 3 times every week by using the Times Tables Rockstars games (https://ttrockstars.com/). If you do not wish to play the game suggested, you can practice your times tables in your homework book. Please remember, this is part of the Year 3 homework and should be completed every week.
You may also want to use these fortune tellers to help you learn your times tables:
Suggested Website for Mental Maths:
Oxford Owl - free books
Purple Mash - children will be given their login details - this site includes all curriculum areas