Mrs Sanghera & Mrs Graham
Mon,Tues Weds, Thurs, Fri
Our Teaching Assistants: Miss Thompson Mrs Lacey Mrs Ainsworth Miss Fusco Mrs Holmes
Class 11 have PE on a Monday and Tuesday
Class 10 and 12 have PE on a Monday and Wednesday
- Parents’ guide to the Year 3 Curriculum
- Year 3 Curriculum Map
- Year 3 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Reading, Writing and Maths
- School reading books - Read at home 5 times every week for 10 minutes - please record this in your yellow Reading Record - these books can now be brought into school every Monday, please
- Maths- Log on to Times Table Rock Stars and play at least 3 games every week (https://ttrockstars.com/) This will help prepare your child for the maths curriculum in future years
- Spellings- Copy out your weekly spellings 5 times every week, ready for your Monday spelling test
- Reading - sometimes your teacher will tell you you've been set a reading quiz on Purple Mash. They will always tell you when they have set a task. You'll need to log on and complete the activities sets as a '2Do' (https://www.purplemash.com)
Additional homework guidance...
The children will be given spelling sheets to bring home at the start of each term. Homework will be explained, discussed, reviewed and celebrated in class on a weekly basis. Under each subject heading below are further details of weekly homework tasks set for pupils in Year 3.
Please encourage your child to copy out and learn this week's spellings each day, for a total of 5 days every week. There are lots of suggested spelling strategies in their homework books. Spellings are set on a Monday and tested the following Monday morning, so children have one week to learn their words. Some children may have individual spellings to learn, which will be different from the sheets below. Please ask their class teacher if your child has misplaced their sheet and they'll be happy to give you another copy. Please click below to open the main class spellings below:
Please encourage your child to read their school reading book at least 3 times each week for 10 minutes, to an adult where possible, and record this in their yellow Reading Record. Once they have finished their school reading book, please encourage them to ask their teacher for another, or read a book of their own choosing at home.
Sometimes, a reading quiz will be set on the Purple Mash website (https://www.purplemash.com). Your child will have the task explained to them in school.
Your child can find their login details in the front of their red homework book. Any weekly tasks can be found under the '2Do's' tab. If they have lost any logins, please encourage them to ask their class teacher.
Please practice times tables 3 times every week by using the Times Tables Rockstars games (https://ttrockstars.com/). This will help your child to build their fluency and recall in maths. In Year 4, pupils will participate in the government's 'Multiplication Tables Check', so playing Times Tables Rockstars will help to build your child's confidence in preparation for the journey ahead. If you do not wish to play the game suggested, you can practise your times tables in your homework book. Please remember, this is part of the Year 3 homework and should be completed every week.
You may also want to use these fortune tellers to help you learn your times tables:
Suggested Website for Mental Maths:
jigsaw - pshe & rse
Oxford Owl - free books
Purple Mash - children will be given their login details - this site includes all curriculum areas
Marmalade Meets Mickey
Our budding Year 3 author, Emily, has written this wonderful story at home! We hope you enjoy reading it as much as we have. Read on...
Emily's sequel is now ready to read below - please enjoy reading the adventures of Marmalade The Time Traveller...