Welcome to Year 3
Mrs Henshaw Mrs Buckett Mrs Khan Mrs Viranyi
Documents - please click to open
- Year 3 Parent's Welcome Meeting
- Suggested Year 3 Reading for Pleasure List
- Year 3 Homework Guidance
- New to Year 3 meeting for Year 2 parents
- Autumn Term Topic Web
Set on: Tuesday 9th October 2018
Due in: Monday 15th October 2018
Please read at least 3 times to an adult each week and ask them to sign your reading record.
You could practice retelling what you have read as well as summarising key parts of the text.
Please find attached the list of spellings for Term 1.
Term 1 Spellings
Please write these out in your homework book at least 3 times using a pencil and you neatest handwriting.
You could also choose to practice your spellings in a creative way and present in your book.
Please make sure your spellings are written in pencil unless you have been given your pen license.
Here is also a link to the Year 3/ Year 4 spelling list that we will also be learning in class.
Year 3/4 spelling word list
Maths Objective: To subtract numbers accurately at speed
In Maths this week we are learning how to subtract 2 and 3 digit numbers. To help us with our accuracy within our calculations, please can you practice the quick maths attached. The sheet may look easy, but see if you can complete each column in a minute!
For an extra challenge, practice playing this addition game for fun.
Optional Takeaway Homework
If you would like an extra challenge for homework, take a look at our tasty takeaway menu with some lovely activities for you to have a go at linked to our Stone Age project.
Homework books and reading records are handed in on Monday mornings.
Spelling tests will also take place on Mondays.
Homework will be given back out on Tuesday's.
Suggested Websites for Mental Maths:
- Year 3 National Curriculum Overview
- Parents’ guide to the Year 3 Curriculum
- Year 3 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Reading, Writing and Maths
- Wednesday 10th October 2018 - Mental Health Awareness
- Thursday 11th October 2018 - Class 10 Swimming
- Thursday 11th October 2018 - Parents Evening
- Tuesday 16th October 2018 - Parents Evening
- Thursday 18th October 2018 - Class 11 Class Assembly - Theatre at 2:45pm
- Thursday 18th October 2018 - Last swimming session for Class 10
- Wednesday 24th October 2018 - TD Day
- 24th October - 5th November - Half Term
- Monday 5th November 2018 - First day of Term 2
- Tuesday 13th November 2018 - Curriculum Evenings
- Friday 21st December 2018 - Christmas Jumper Day and last day of Term for Christmas!
Class 10 have loved learning about Stone Age and really enjoyed trying out some cave paintings and loved painting a rock!