Welcome to Year 3
Mrs Henshaw Mrs Buckett Mrs Khan Mrs Yockney
Documents - please click to open
- Year 3 Parent's Welcome Meeting
- Suggested Year 3 Reading for Pleasure List
- Year 3 Homework Guidance
- New to Year 3 meeting for Year 2 parents
- Autumn Term Topic Web
- Y3 Curriculum Map
Set on: Tuesday 11th December 2018
Due in: Monday 17th December 2018
Please read at least 3 times to an adult each week and ask them to sign your reading record.
You could practice retelling what you have read as well as summarising key parts of the text.
Try and read some non-fiction this week as in English we are going to be writing a non-chronological report.
Check out this link to a fun reading game
Please find attached the list of spellings for Term 1.
Term 2 Spellings
Please write these out in your homework book at least 3 times using a pencil and your neatest handwriting.
You could also choose to practice your spellings in a creative way and present in your book.
Here is also a link to the Year 3/ Year 4 spelling list that we will also be learning in class.
Year 3/4 spelling word list
If you would like to practice your times tables, continue to use the Times Tables Rockstars game to help you.
Optional Takeaway Homework
If you would like an extra challenge for homework, take a look at our tasty takeaway menu with some lovely activities for you to have a go at linked to the Stone Age.
Homework books and reading records are handed in on Monday mornings.
Spelling tests will also take place on Mondays.
Homework will be given back out on Tuesday's.
Suggested Websites for Mental Maths:
- Year 3 National Curriculum Overview
- Parents’ guide to the Year 3 Curriculum
- Year 3 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Reading, Writing and Maths
- Thursday 13th December 2018 - Class 11 Swimming
- Thursday 13th December 2018 - NSPCC School Disco
- Thursday 20th December 2018 - Class 11 Swimming
- Tuesday 18th December 2018 - KS2 Chiristmas dinner
- Friday 21st December 2018 - Christmas Jumper Day and last day of Term for Christmas!
- Parents Evenings Thursday 7th March 2019 and Tuesday 12th March 2019
New to Year group (Y1 and Y3) Monday 1st July 2018
Reports to go out on Friday 12th July 2019
Class 10 have loved learning about Stone Age and really enjoyed trying out some cave paintings and loved painting a rock!