Welcome to Year 3
Mrs Henshaw Mrs Khan Mrs Yockney
Documents - please click to open
- Year 3 Parent's Welcome Meeting
- Suggested Year 3 Reading for Pleasure List
- Year 3 Homework Guidance
- New to Year 3 meeting for Year 2 parents
- Autumn Term Topic Web
- Y3 Curriculum Map
Please read at least 3 times to an adult each week and ask them to sign your reading record.
You could practice retelling what you have read as well as summarising key parts of the text.
Check out this link to a fun reading game
Please find attached the list of spellings for Term 6
Please write these out in your homework book at least 3 times using a pencil and your neatest handwriting.
Here is also a link to the Year 3/ Year 4 spelling list that we will also be learning in class.
Year 3/4 spelling word list
Please practice your times tables by using the Times Tables Rockstars game to help you.
Homework books and reading records are handed in on Monday mornings.
Spelling tests will also take place on Mondays.
Homework will be given back out on Tuesday's.
Suggested Websites for Mental Maths:
- Year 3 National Curriculum Overview
- Parents’ guide to the Year 3 Curriculum
- Year 3 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Reading, Writing and Maths
- Monday 1st July 2018 - New to Year 3 meeting
Friday 12th July 2019 - Reports Home
We had great fun on our Pirate Day to launch our new English and Geography Topic on Treasure Island!