I am talented... together we are amazing! I am talented... together we are amazing! I am talented... together we are amazing!
WELCOME TO YEAR 6!
Class 19 Class 20 Class 21
Mrs Codling/Mrs Kirk Miss Walters Mr English
Please remember no props and we urge you to keep it simple. We are not expecting bought costumes.
PE 23rd September cancelled due to individual photo day - please ensure your child arrives at school in their normal school uniform, not their PE kit.
The Term 1 spelling sheet is attached here. We expect to see 5 columns completed each week, brought in on Monday to be tested on Friday mornings.
Homework - Week beginning 20th September
As well as spellings, we expect the children to record 5 reads in their reading record. Please see the guide below for information on what to include as a comment.
In addition, we expect the children to practice their tables on Times Table Rockstars.
This week, the children have been set a science recap quiz to complete on Purple Mash. If your child is unable to complete this at home due to lack of devices, please tell them to speak to their teacher and we will arrange for them to use a laptop and complete the quiz during the school day.
Outdoor PE will take place on a Monday. Children to wear their PE kit into school that day consisting of a grey hoodie, house team T-shirt, black tracksuit bottoms/shorts and trainers.
Indoor PE is on a Thursday and children are to wear their PE kit again into school that day.
- Grammar terminology
- Word class information
- Reading question prompts
- Useful revision websites
- Parents’ guide to the Year 6 curriculum
- Year 6 Homework Guidance
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Year 6 Calculation Policy.pdf
- Reading at Home Bookmarks
- Times Table Grid
- Year 6 KS2 Parents SATs Guide
- What a good reading comment looks like.
- Year 6 SPaG Mats.
- Reading Record Guide
- Wednesday 1st September: Term 1 starts
- Thursday 16th September: GWA Open Evening (5:30-7:30pm)
- Wednesday 22nd September: GWA Open Evening (5:30-7:30pm)
- Friday 1st October: TD day
- Thursday 21st October - Friday 29th October: Half-term break
- Monday 1st November: Term 2 starts
- Monday 20th December - Monday 3rd January: Christmas Holidays
- Tuesday 4th January: TD day
- Wednesday 5th January: Term 3 starts
- Monday 21st February - Friday 25th February: Half-term break
- Monday 28th February: TD day
- Tuesday 1st March: Term 4 starts
- Monday 11th April - Friday 22nd April: Easter holidays
- Monday 25th April: Term 5 starts
- Monday 2nd May: Bank holiday (school closed)
- Monday 30th May - Friday 3rd June: Half-term break
- Monday 6th June: TD day
- Tuesday 7th June: TD day
- Wednesday 8th June: Term 6 starts
- Friday 22nd July: Final day of the year
- If your child has anything they wish to discuss, please encourage them to approach their teacher first. In Year 6, we strive to achieve greater independence in preparation for Secondary School.
- We operate an open-door policy and welcome parents and guardians to make an appointment to discuss any concerns with their child’s teacher. To do so, please email email@example.com, addressing your email to your child's class teacher and outlining what you would like to discuss and we will endeavour to arrange a meeting at a suitable time.
Many thanks for your support in this busy academic year.