Welcome to the Year 6 page
Mrs Kirk/Mrs Van den Daele Mrs Codling Mr English
Class 20 Class 19 Class 21
PGL presentation for parents/guardians of current Year 5 parents - please click to open
Please view the presentation for the upcoming Year 6 residential, taking place in September 2019. Please note a deposit is required to secure your child’s place on this exciting trip. Please ask the school office for details of how to secure your booking. Should you have any queries regarding the details of the trip, please don’t hesitate to speak to your child’s current Year 5 teacher or a member of the Year 6 team.
Please click on the following link for information on KS2 Sats
Key Stage 2 SATs test dates:
- Year 6 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Grammar terminology
- Word class information
- Reading question prompts
- Calculation policy
- Useful revision websites
- Parents’ guide to the Year 6 curriculum
- Year 6 Homework Guidance
- KIRFs - Maths
- Year 6 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for reading, writing and maths
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Reading at Home Bookmarks
- Times Table Grid
- Statutory Assessment Guidance for Parents
- Year 6 KS2 Parents SATs Guide
- Mental Maths Homework Note
- KS2 SATs results guide for parents
- Year 6 Group Curriculum Map
- Thursday 7th March 2019 – Parents Evening
- Tuesday 12th March 2019 – Parents Evening
- Tuesday 26th March 2019 – Year 6 SATs meeting for parents
Year 6 Homework
Week beginning 21/1/19
Read and record 5 reads during the week.
Practice spellings five times.
English - Please complete the sheet given on the character Shrimp.
Maths - Mrs Kirk's/Miss Van den Daele maths class - please complete the sheet on reading a table and complete the decimal word problems.
Mr English/Mrs Codling's maths class -please complete the sheet on reading a table and complete the decimal word problems.
Due to the nature of these sheets we are unable to attach them to this page but copies are available in each of the year 6 classes.
- Homework is handed out on Monday and collected back in on the following Monday.
- We expect every child in Year 6 to read for at least 15 minutes at home every school night. We also expect children to record this in their reading record. It is imperative in Year 6 that children are reading regularly in preparation for their SATS examinations and Secondary school.
- All Year 6 children are expected to practise the times tables they are currently learning at home. Evidence of this in their homework book, when possible, would be much appreciated!
- Year 6 children must practise their weekly spellings in their home spelling book five times per week.
- In addition to the above, Year 6 children will usually be set a piece of separate English and Maths homework each week. Their projects will vary and will come with individual guidance. The general rule of thumb is that each piece of homework should take a minimum of 20 minutes.
- If your child has anything they wish to discuss, please encourage them to approach their teacher first. In Year 6 we strive to achieve greater independence in preparation for Secondary School. We operate an open-door policy and welcome parents and guardians to approach and discuss any concerns with their child’s teacher. Many thanks for your support in this busy academic year.
Links to other sites
Certain links, including hypertext links, in Our Site will take you outside of our site. Links are provided for your convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked site, its operator or its content. We are not responsible for the content of any website outside our Site.