I am talented... together we are amazing! I am talented... together we are amazing! I am talented... together we are amazing!
WELCOME TO YEAR 6!
Class 19 Class 20 Class 21
Mrs Codling/Mrs Kirk Miss Walters Mr English
The Term 3 spelling sheets are attached below. Unless already agreed with a teacher, every child should be using the top link. We expect to see 5 columns completed each week, brought in on Monday to be tested on Friday mornings.
Homework - Week beginning 24th January
This week we are expecting the children to complete 5 reads and 5 spelling practices. In addition to this, each child has been sent home with a CGP maths book. We are expecting pages 13, 14 and 15 to be completed this week. We will be using these books to set homework each week from now in the run up to SATS so please avoid completing extra pages ahead of when they are set. Finally, the children must complete the 10 SPaG questions linked below in their homework books. We will go through the answers for these in class.
Thank you for your support.
The Year Six team.
Outdoor PE will take place on a Monday. Children to wear their PE kit into school that day consisting of a grey hoodie, house team T-shirt, black tracksuit bottoms/shorts and trainers.
Indoor PE is on a Thursday and children are to wear their PE kit again into school that day.
- Year 6 curriculum map
- Grammar terminology
- Word class information
- Reading question prompts
- Useful revision websites
- Parents’ guide to the Year 6 curriculum
- Year 6 Homework Guidance
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Year 6 Calculation Policy.pdf
- Reading at Home Bookmarks
- Times Table Grid
- Year 6 KS2 Parents SATs Guide
- What a good reading comment looks like.
- Year 6 SPaG Mats.
- Reading Record Guide
- Monday 21st February - Friday 25th February: Half-term break
- Monday 28th February: TD day
- Tuesday 1st March: Term 4 starts
- Monday 11th April - Friday 22nd April: Easter holidays
- Monday 25th April: Term 5 starts
- Monday 2nd May: Bank holiday (school closed)
- Monday 30th May - Friday 3rd June: Half-term break
- Monday 6th June: TD day
- Tuesday 7th June: TD day
- Wednesday 8th June: Term 6 starts
- Friday 22nd July: Final day of the year
- If your child has anything they wish to discuss, please encourage them to approach their teacher first. In Year 6, we strive to achieve greater independence in preparation for Secondary School.
- We operate an open-door policy and welcome parents and guardians to make an appointment to discuss any concerns with their child’s teacher. To do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing your email to your child's class teacher and outlining what you would like to discuss and we will endeavor to arrange a meeting at a suitable time.
Many thanks for your support in this busy academic year.