I am talented... together we are amazing! I am talented... together we are amazing! I am talented... together we are amazing!
WELCOME TO YEAR 6!
Class 19 Class 20 Class 21
Mrs Codling/Mrs Kirk Miss Walters Mr English
Homework - Monday 27th June
As we approach the end of the year, it is vital that every child gets used to completing homework on time in preparation for secondary school expectations. Please work alongside us to ensure that your child's homework is completed and in school on Monday mornings. On Monday 4th July, we are expecting the children to have completed the following tasks:
- 5 x spellings columns (see below)
- 5 x reading comments
- Arithmetic Maths - see links beneath (We will mark together. It does not need to be self-marked)
Spellings - Weeks 3 and 4
Attached are the spellings for the first two weeks after PGL:
PE DAYS - PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR THE REST OF THIS TERM, YEAR 6 CHILDREN REQUIRE PE KITS ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY AND NOT A THURSDAY.
PGL MEETING POWERPOINT
PGL Barton Hall
Monday 20 June 2022 - Non-uniform day for Year 6. There will be no PE on Monday so the children can wear non-uniform to school. During the day they may take part in some activities on the school field depending on the weather, so please ensure they wear appropriate footwear.
Outdoor PE will take place on a Monday. Children to wear their PE kit into school that day consisting of a grey hoodie, house team T-shirt, black tracksuit bottoms/shorts and trainers.
Indoor PE is on a Thursday and children are to wear their PE kit again into school that day.
- Year 6 curriculum map
- Grammar terminology
- Word class information
- Reading question prompts
- Useful revision websites
- Parents’ guide to the Year 6 curriculum
- Year 6 Homework Guidance
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Year 6 Calculation Policy.pdf
- Reading at Home Bookmarks
- Times Table Grid
- Year 6 KS2 Parents SATs Guide
- What a good reading comment looks like.
- Year 6 SPaG Mats.
- Reading Record Guide
- Tuesday 17th May - RSE meeting (parents only - a separate room will be provided for children to wait)
- Monday 30th May - Friday 3rd June: Half-term break
- Monday 6th June: TD day
- Tuesday 7th June: TD day
- Wednesday 8th June: Term 6 starts
- Friday 22nd July: Final day of the year
- If your child has anything they wish to discuss, please encourage them to approach their teacher first. In Year 6, we strive to achieve greater independence in preparation for Secondary School.
- We operate an open-door policy and welcome parents and guardians to make an appointment to discuss any concerns with their child’s teacher. To do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing your email to your child's class teacher and outlining what you would like to discuss and we will endeavor to arrange a meeting at a suitable time.
Many thanks for your support in this busy academic year.