Welcome to the Year 6 page
Here are some Home Learning Packs and useful website links to ensure high quality learning continues should the school close.
Year 6 Learning Projects
Pack 1 - Click here
Pack 2 - Click here
Pack 3 - Click here
Pack 4 - Click here
Pack 5 - Click here
Pack 6 - Click here
Pack 7 - Click here
Oxford Owl - free books
Times Table Rockstars - Postcode SN25 1JP
Government "My Activity Passport" - Activities for children.
Scratch - Coding (Free sign up needed) Star Wars themed step-by-step guides below.
Miss S Kettlewell Mrs Codling Mr English
Class 20 Class 19 Class 21
Mrs S Kirk
Mrs L Roberts
PGL presentation for parents/guardians of current Year 5 parents - please click to open
Please view the presentation for the upcoming Year 6 residential, taking place in September 2020. Please note a deposit is required to secure your child’s place on this exciting trip. Please ask the school office for details of how to secure your booking. Should you have any queries regarding the details of the trip, please don’t hesitate to speak to your child’s current Year 5 teacher or a member of the Year 6 team.
- Grammar terminology
- Word class information
- Reading question prompts
- Useful revision websites
- Parents’ guide to the Year 6 curriculum
- Year 6 Homework Guidance
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Reading at Home Bookmarks
- Times Table Grid
- Year 6 KS2 Parents SATs Guide
- What a good reading comment looks like.
- Year 6 Maths Mats (click your class) - Mr English/Mrs Codling - Miss Kettlewell/Mrs Kirk - Miss Fusco
- Year 6 SPaG Mats.
- Yr 6 Homework Menu
- Scratch - 'Use the Force'
- Scratch - 'Asteroid Dash'
- Scratch - 'Cargo Bay Chase'
- World Book Day - Friday 6th Match - Wear your Pj's and bring your favourite book to read.
- Sports Relief - Friday 13th March - Wear your sports clothes.
- Growth Mindset Science day - Friday 20th March
- Year 6 SATs meeting - Wednesday 25th March (3.30pm and 4.30pm) CANCELLED - We will add this presentation as soon as possible.
Friday 20th March
Dear Parents, Guardians and Families of Year 6 children,
We would like to take this opportunity to clearly communicate what we have planned for the children in these surreal and unfortunate circumstances so that everybody has a clearer understanding.
1) Every child has brought home a blank red exercise book with their purple mash and TT Rockstars passwords attached. Within this book, children are welcome to stick in printed tasks/completed work/photos of home learning etc. It is not imperative that they use this book but it is there if required.
2) Purple Mash - The link for this website is attached at the top of this webpage. When logging in, children will notice that they have been set some '2do' tasks which they can complete. In addition to this, we have set up a class blog (found in the sharing section of the website) whereby children can upload any work and leave friendly messages to their classmates.
NOTE: The teachers will be regularly updating and monitoring their class blog.
3) CGP revision books - Despite the SATS being cancelled, a good way for the children to improve and prepare for secondary school is to continue completing pages of the revision books. We will not be dictating which pages to complete and when therefore it will be the responsibility of the children as to how much they complete.
4) Website links above - At the top of this website page are a range of links that we feel will give children a plethora of activities to complete.
We recommend that a timetable is created with your child so that they have some routine in their day.
Finally and most importantly, it has been an absolute pleasure teaching this cohort of children and they have all worked extremely hard towards their SATS. In recent practice papers, the scores were fantastic and we are so proud of what they have already accomplished. We wish for every single one of them to keep their head held high, understand that their hard work was not for nothing and that this will 100% benefit them when they transition to secondary school.
Thank you all for your co-operation and we wish that you keep safe and be united.
We hope to see everybody healthy and well in the near future.
The Year 6 Team.
- Term 1 Spellings
- Term 1 Spellings SEN
- Term 2 Spellings
- Term 2 Spellings SEN
- Term 3 Spellings
- Term 3 Spellings SEN
- Term 4 Spellings
- Term 4 Spellings SEN
- Homework is handed out on Monday and collected back in on the following Monday.
- We expect every child in Year 6 to read for at least 15 minutes at home every school night. We also expect children to record this in their reading record. It is imperative in Year 6 that children are reading regularly in preparation for their SATS examinations and Secondary school.
- All Year 6 children are expected to practise the times tables they are currently learning at home on Times Tables Rockstars.
- Year 6 children must practise their weekly spellings in their home spelling book five times per week.
- In addition to the above, Year 6 children will usually be set a piece of separate English and Maths homework each week. Their projects will vary and will come with individual guidance. The general rule of thumb is that each piece of homework should take a minimum of 20 minutes.
- If your child has anything they wish to discuss, please encourage them to approach their teacher first. In Year 6 we strive to achieve greater independence in preparation for Secondary School. We operate an open-door policy and welcome parents and guardians to approach and discuss any concerns with their child’s teacher. Many thanks for your support in this busy academic year.
Links to other sites
Certain links, including hypertext links, in Our Site will take you outside of our site. Links are provided for your convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked site, its operator or its content. We are not responsible for the content of any website outside our Site.