I am talented... together we are amazing! I am talented... together we are amazing! I am talented... together we are amazing!
WELCOME TO YEAR 6!
Class 19 Class 20 Class 21
Mrs Rochester Miss Walters Miss Bragg
Class 19 - Miss Fusco
Class 20 - Mrs Titcombe
Class 21 - Mrs Greenfield
Additional Teaching Assistant:
If your child has different spellings to the 2 documents above and you need a copy, please ask your child's class teacher.
Week beginning 14.6.21
If you have any problems, please let your teacher know before Friday so that we can help you..
Weekly spellings start on a Monday and children will be tested on the following Monday. We also expect children to be reading at least 5 times per week at home. Please can parents/carers ensure that they are recording this in their reading record, including comments such as:
- A summary of the section they have read (the 5 Ws)
- Prediction for the next chapter
- How they think a character is feeling and why
- Favourite part and why
- 5 interesting/powerful words on a page
It is imperative in Year 6 that children are reading regularly in preparation for their SATS examinations and secondary school. In addition, all Year 6 children are expected to practise their times tables at home, either in their homework books or on Times Table Rockstars.
PE will take place on a Monday afternoon. Please ensure that children have the correct PE kit in school on this day. Thank you!
JIGSAW - PSHE & RSE
- Grammar terminology
- Word class information
- Reading question prompts
- Useful revision websites
- Parents’ guide to the Year 6 curriculum
- Year 6 Homework Guidance
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Year 6 Calculation Policy.pdf
- Reading at Home Bookmarks
- Times Table Grid
- Year 6 KS2 Parents SATs Guide
- What a good reading comment looks like.
- Year 6 SPaG Mats.
- Monday 31st May - Friday 4th June - May half term
- Tuesday 20th July - Year 6 South Cerney activity day
- If your child has anything they wish to discuss, please encourage them to approach their teacher first. In Year 6 we strive to achieve greater independence in preparation for Secondary School.
- We operate an open-door policy and welcome parents and guardians to approach and make an appointment to discuss any concerns with their child’s teacher.
Many thanks for your support in this busy academic year.