I am talented... together we are amazing! I am talented... together we are amazing! I am talented... together we are amazing!
WELCOME TO YEAR 6!
Class 19 Class 20 Class 21
Mrs Kirk Miss Walters Mrs Dredge
Indoor PE will take place on a Tuesday and outdoor PE will take place on a Friday. On these days, children must wear their PE kit into school, consisting of a grey hoodie, house team T-shirt, black tracksuit bottoms/shorts and trainers.
Homework: Term 2, Week 5
As part of the Year 6 curriculum, it is imperative that homework is completed every week to support in the retention of curriculum knowledge ahead of the SATs in May. Everything we set the children should be accessible to them without the support of an adult. If they are struggling, please encourage your child(ren) to speak to their class teacher directly. We recommend completing this homework between Monday and Thursday so that pupils have the opportunity to do this. Throughout the year, the amount of homework set will increase.
Each week homework is set on a Monday and needs to be brought into school on the following Monday. Spelling tests are on a Friday.
This week, the homework expectations are:
- 5 x reads and reading record comments - click here to see what comments your child should be making in their reading records.
- 5 x spelling practise (see sheet attached below).
- Complete the maths tasks below in your homework book.
- Complete the SPaG tasks in your homework book. There is no need to print the questions off, just record your answers.
If your child has a reduced spelling sheet, we will send home a copy.
Christmas Carol Concert Lyric Videos:
It was on a starry night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeRrAzapOQ0
We three kings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBwL3y-Wlms
Jingle bells: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CWJNqyub3o
Silent night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEH7_2c644Q
Away in a manger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnwO_0DrpCk
Feliz Navidad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUSiBXioXc8
- Grammar terminology
- Word class information
- Reading question prompts
- Useful revision websites
- Parents’ guide to the Year 6 curriculum
- Year 6 Homework Guidance
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Year 6 Calculation Policy
- Reading at Home Bookmarks
- Times Table Grid
- Year 6 KS2 Parents SATs Guide
- Year 6 SPaG Mats.
- Reading Record Guide
- Monday 30th October - First day of term
- 13th -17th November - Anti-bullying week
- Thursday 23rd November - PTA disco
- Friday 24th November - PTA non-uniform day
- Friday 1st December 09:00-10:30 - Parental Engagement Morning (WW2 themed code breaking and art display)
- Wednesday 13th December - Year 6 Christmas Carol Concert (6pm-7pm)
- If your child has anything they wish to discuss, please encourage them to approach their teacher first. In Year 6, we strive to achieve greater independence in preparation for Secondary School.
- We operate an open-door policy and welcome parents and guardians to make an appointment to discuss any concerns with their child’s teacher. To do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing your email to your child's class teacher and outlining what you would like to discuss and we will endeavour to arrange a meeting at a suitable time.
Many thanks for your support in this busy academic year.
Year 6 leavers' disco photos July 2023: