Welcome to Year 4
Mrs Sanghera + Mrs Mace
Mrs Yockney + Mrs Heppinstall
PGL Hillcrest April 2018
Click here to see updates which are also on Facebook and Twitter
Parents Curriculum Evening - Tuesday 14 November
Click here to see the presentation notes
Documents - please click to open
Don’t forget to read at least 3 times to an adult this week and ask them to sign your reading record.
The spellings you are learning should be highlighted in school each week.
Learn your spellings every night. Write out the spellings that you are learning, every night. On the first night choose 6 spellings that will challenge you and put them into a sentence underlining the spelling with a ruler and pencil.
E.g. The boy’s football was stuck in the bush because his friend kicked it too hard.
Numeracy: Objective: to develop rapid recall of mental maths facts.
Make a 9 times table fortune teller, use the instructions attached to help you. Practise the 9 times table.
Click here for instructions.
Homework books must be handed in on Tuesday 26th June.
Optional additional homework - Click here
- Year 4 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Parents’ guide to the Year 4 curriculum
- Autumn Term Topic Web
- Spring Term Topic Web
- Summer Term Topic Web
- Maths Passport Guidance and Resources
- Calculation Policy
- KIRFs - Autumn Term 1
- KIRFs - Autumn Term 2
- KIRFs - Spring Term 1
- KIRFs - Spring Term 2
- KIRFs - Summer Term 1
- KIRFs - Summer Term 2
- Reading Questions
- Grammar Passport
- Spelling Passport
- Spellings Term 1
- Spellings Term 2
- Spellings Term 3
- Spellings Term 4
- Spellings Term 5
- Spellings Term 6
- 28 May to 1 June – Half term
- TD Day - Monday 4th June
- Class 13 Gardening - Tuesday 5th June
- Class 14 Gardening - Tuesday 12th June
- Class 15 Gardening - Tuesday 19th June
- Sports Day – Wednesday 20th June
- 25th June – TD day
- 27 July to 31 August – Summer holidays
- Class 13 has indoor PE on Monday mornings and outdoor PE on Thursday afternoons.
- Class 14 has indoor PE on Monday mornings and outdoor PE on Thursday afternoons.
- Class 15 has indoor PE on Tuesday mornings and outdoor PE onThursday afternoons.
Please ensure your child has a PE kit at school every day.
Coming soon ...
Links -Please click to open
- BRICKS NUMERACY GAME - practice your addition and subtraction skills
- KENKEN PUZZLES - use your logic to solve these problems
- USEFUL WEBSITES - web sites for a variety of subject areas
- FOOTBALL ADDITION
- TOP MARKS - multiplication and division games
- MATHS PLAYGROUND - multiplication and division games
- WOODLANDS - times tables
- MAD4MATHS - times tables
- TEACHINGTABLES - times tables
- MATHS-GAMES.ORG - times table games
- CRICKWEB - times tables
- ECHALK - times tables
- WHAT2LEARN - times tables
- TABLE SHOOTER
- x 10 + x100 games
- Factors games
- ENGLISH GAMES - TOPMARKS
- ENGLISH GAMES - WOODLANDS LITERACY ZONE