Welcome to Year 4
Mrs Sanghera + Mrs Mace
Mrs Yockney + Mrs Heppinstall
Parents Curriculum Evening - Tuesday 14 November
Click here to see the presentation notes
Documents - please click to open
Homework - 21.2.18
Don’t forget to read at least 3 times to an adult this week and ask them to sign your reading record.
The spellings you are learning should be highlighted in school each week.
Learn your spellings every night. Write out the spellings that you are learning, every night. On the first night choose 6 spellings that will challenge you and put them into a sentence underlining the spelling with a ruler and pencil.
E.g. The boy’s football was stuck in the bush because his friend kicked it too hard.
Numeracy: Objective: to develop rapid recall of mental maths facts.
Multiplication Squares – with a friend and two different colouring pencils, use two dice or make 2 sets of 1-6 number cards. Roll or pick two numbers from the cards and multiply them together. Find the answer on the Multiplication Squares sheet and draw one line from dot to dot. Keep playing until you have drawn 4 lines round a number. That square now becomes yours so colour it in. The person with the most squares at the end wins.
Click here for further examples and more detailed instructions.
Homework books must be handed in on Monday 26th February.
Reading Challenge - Click here
Optional additional homework - Click here
- Year 4 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Parents’ guide to the Year 4 curriculum
- Autumn Term Topic Web
- Spring Term Topic Web
- Maths Passport Guidance and Resources
- Calculation Policy
- KIRFs - Autumn Term 1
- KIRFs - Autumn Term 2
- KIRFs - Spring Term 1
- KIRFs - Spring Term 2
- KIRFs - Summer Term 1
- KIRFs - Summer Term 2
- Reading Questions
- Grammar Passport
- Spelling Passport
- Spellings Term 1
- Spellings Term 2
- Spellings Term 3
- Spellings Term 4
- TD Day (school closed to children) – Tuesday 2nd January 2018
- First day of Term 3 - Wednesday 3rd January
- Library visit - Thursday 25th January
- Intra house 'Curling' competition - Friday 2nd February
- Internet Safety cafe - Friday 2nd February
- Internet Safety week - W/C 5th February
- Children's Mental Health week - W/C 5th February
- Calms dress down day (wear red - pink) - Friday 9th February
- World Book Day – Friday 2nd March
- Parents Evening – Tuesday 13th March and Thursday 15th March
- Final PGL meeting - Monday 26th March 3.30pm
- PGL - Monday 23rd April 2018 - Wednesday 25th April
- Yr 4 PGL assembly to parents - Thursday 10th May 2.45 pm
- RSE Parent Workshops -Thursday 17th May
- Sports Day – Wednesday 20th June
- Class 13 has indoor PE on Monday mornings and outdoor PE on Thursday afternoons.
- Class 14 has indoor PE on Monday mornings and outdoor PE on Thursday afternoons.
- Class 15 has indoor PE on Tuesday mornings and outdoor PE onThursday afternoons.
Please ensure your child has a PE kit at school every day.
Coming soon ...
Links -Please click to open
- BRICKS NUMERACY GAME - practice your addition and subtraction skills
- KENKEN PUZZLES - use your logic to solve these problems
- USEFUL WEBSITES - web sites for a variety of subject areas
- FOOTBALL ADDITION
- TOP MARKS - multiplication and division games
- MATHS PLAYGROUND - multiplication and division games
- WOODLANDS - times tables
- MAD4MATHS - times tables
- TEACHINGTABLES - times tables
- MATHS-GAMES.ORG - times table games
- CRICKWEB - times tables
- ECHALK - times tables
- WHAT2LEARN - times tables
- TABLE SHOOTER
- x 10 + x100 games
- Factors games
- ENGLISH GAMES - TOPMARKS
- ENGLISH GAMES - WOODLANDS LITERACY ZONE