Welcome to Year 4
Mrs Sanghera + Mrs Mace
Mrs Yockney + Mrs Heppinstall
Documents - please click to open
Don’t forget to read at least 3 times to an adult this week and ask them to sign your reading record.
The spellings you are learning should be highlighted in school each week.
Learn your spellings every night. Write out the spellings that you are learning, every night. On the first night put your spellings into a sentence underlining the spelling with a ruler and pencil.
E.g. The boy’s football was stuck in the bush because his friend kicked it too hard.
Maths: Objective: to develop rapid recall of mental maths facts.
We have been working on our new Maths Passports. Your objective is to count in 6’s starting at any number. To practice this, complete the sequences below starting with the numbers given. Write out the next 5 numbers in the sequences counting in 6’s. When they have been completed, make two sequences of your own, counting in 6’s and starting from any number.
Homework books must be handed in on Friday 15th September.
- Year 4 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Parents’ guide to the Year 4 curriculum
- Autumn Term Topic Web
- Maths Passport Guidance and Resources
- Calculation Policy
- KIRFs - Autumn Term 1
- KIRFs - Autumn Term 2
- KIRFs - Spring Term 1
- KIRFs - Spring Term 2
- KIRFs - Summer Term 1
- KIRFs - Summer Term 2
- First day of Term 1 - Monday 4th September 2017
- Welcome to Year 4 Meeting 3.30 pm or 4.30 pm - Wednesday 13th September 2017
- Haydonleigh Open Day - Saturday 16th September 2017
- Jonathan's Jungle Roadshow - Week beginning Monday 25th September 2017
- Teachers Training Day - Monday 2nd October 2017
- Parents Evening - Tuesday 10th October + Wednesday 11th October 2017
- Last Day of Term 1 - Wednesday 18th October 2017
- Prevent Bullying Week –Week beginning 13th November 2017
- PTA Non-uniform Day –Friday 24th November
- PTA Christmas Bazaar – Friday 1st December
- TD Day – Tuesday 2nd January 2018
- Everybody Writes Day – Tuesday 16th January
- World Book Day – Thursday 1st March
- Parents Evening – Tuesday 20th March + Wednesday 21st March
- Final PGL meeting - Monday 26th March 3.30pm
- PGL - Monday 23rd April 2018 - Wednesday 25th April 2018
- Yr 4 PGL assembly to parents - Thursday 10th May 2.45 pm
- RSE Parent Workshops -Thursday 17th May
- Sports Day – Wednesday 20th June
- Class 13 has indoor PE on Monday mornings and outdoor PE on Thursday afternoons.
- Class 14 has indoor PE on Monday mornings and outdoor PE on Thursday afternoons.
- Class 15 has indoor PE on Tuesday mornings and outdoor PE onThursday afternoons.
Please ensure your child has a PE kit at school every day.
Coming soon ...
Links -Please click to open
- BRICKS NUMERACY GAME - practice your addition and subtraction skills
- KENKEN PUZZLES - use your logic to solve these problems
- USEFUL WEBSITES - web sites for a variety of subject areas
- FOOTBALL ADDITION
- TOP MARKS - multiplication and division games
- MATHS PLAYGROUND - multiplication and division games
- WOODLANDS - times tables
- MAD4MATHS - times tables
- TEACHINGTABLES - times tables
- MATHS-GAMES.ORG - times table games
- CRICKWEB - times tables
- ECHALK - times tables
- WHAT2LEARN - times tables
- TABLE SHOOTER
- x 10 + x100 games
- Factors games
- ENGLISH GAMES - TOPMARKS
- ENGLISH GAMES - WOODLANDS LITERACY ZONE