Welcome to Year 3
Mrs Henshaw Mrs Coutts Mrs Fry Mrs Khan
Documents - please click to open
- Year 3 Parent's Welcome Meeting
- Year 3 Curriculum Evening Slides from 14.11.17
- Suggested Year 3 Reading for Pleasure List
- Year 3 Homework Guidance
- Year 3 PGL meeting Monday 18th June
Set on:Tuesday 19th June 2018
Due in:Monday 25th June 2018
Don’t forget to read at least 3 times to an adult each week and ask them to sign your reading record.
You could practice retelling what you have read as well as summarising key parts of the text.
Maths Objective: Recall of Multiplication Facts - Times Tables
Our Times Tables Rock Stars trial has been extended - so please can you practice your times tables for homework this week by using the Times Tables Rockstars Game.
Homework books and reading records are handed in on Monday mornings.
Spelling tests will also take place on Mondays.
Homework will be given back out on Tuesday's.
Suggested Websites for Mental Maths:
- Year 3 National Curriculum Overview
- Parents’ guide to the Year 3 Curriculum
- Autumn Term Topic Web
- Spring Term Topic Web
- Summer Term Topic Web
- Year 3 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Reading, Writing and Maths
- Tuesday 19th June 2018 - North Swindon Library at 9am
- Wednesday 20th June 2018 - KS2 Sports Day at 9:15am
- Friday 22nd June 2018 - Non-Uniform Day
- Monday 25th June 2018 – TD day
- Friday 29th June 2018 - Around the World in 7 Artists
- Thursday 5th July 2018 - Whole School Transition Day
- Friday 6th July 2018 - PTA Summer BBQ
- Tuesday 17th July 2018 - Open House
- Thursday 19th July 2018 - PTA Disco
- 27th July 2018 - 31st August 2018 – Summer holidays
The Royal Wedding
We had a lovely day learning all about Harry and Meghan and enjoyed looking at the family tree of the Royal Family. We also created some great Pop Art in the style of Andy Warhol.
Here are some photos of our sunny picnic on the field to mark the occasion.
Year 3 loved dressing up for World Book Day and looked great in their costumes. Thank you for all the effort in helping your children look awesome! Here are a few of our book characters....
We loved working together to make a carrot car in Jigsaw. We even had a race! Some of the wheels fell off but it was great fun!