Welcome to Year 3
Mrs Henshaw Mrs Coutts Mrs Fry Mrs Khan
Parents Curriculum Evening - Tuesday 14 November
Click here to see the presentation notes
Documents - please click to open
- Year 3 Parent's Welcome Meeting
- Year 3 Curriculum Evening Slides from 14.11.17
- Suggested Year 3 Reading for Pleasure List
Don’t forget to read at least 3 times to an adult each week and ask them to sign your reading record.
You could practice retelling what you have read as well as summarising key parts of the text.
Please practise your spellings and write them out at least 3 times in your homework book in your best joined handwriting.
Here are some suggestions for different ways you might like to practice your spellings this week.
Maths Objective: to develop rapid recall of mental maths facts.
An activity will be sent home with your child each week to develop their recall of mental maths facts.
If you would like some extra (optional) homework activities - choose a challenge from our takeaway menu here
Homework books and reading records are handed in on Monday mornings.
Spelling tests will also take place on Mondays.
Homework will be given back out on Tuesday's.
Suggested Websites for Mental Maths:
- Year 3 National Curriculum Overview
- Parents’ guide to the Year 3 Curriculum
- Autumn Term Topic Web
- Year 3 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Reading, Writing and Maths
Class 11 Swimming 9th November (every Thursday) - 14th December 2017
- Week Beginning 13th November 2017 - Prevent Bullying Week
- Tuesday 14th November 2017 - Curriculum Evenings - Presentations at 3:30pm and 4:30pm
- Friday 24th November 2017 - PTA Non-Uniform Day
- Thursday 30th November 2017 - Brass Band
Thursday 7th December 2017 - PTA Bazaar
2018 and upcoming
- Tuesday 2nd January 2018 - TD Day
- Tuesday 16th January 2018 - Everybody Writes Day
- Class 12 Swimming 11th Jan (every Thursday) until 8th February 2018
Monday 29th January 2018 - @Bristol Trip
We enjoyed a visit from Jonathan's Jungle where we had the opportunity to hold some of his amazing animals.
We wrote a non-chronological report using all the wonderful facts we learnt.