Welcome to Year 3
Mrs Henshaw Mrs Coutts Mrs Fry Mrs Khan
Parents Curriculum Evening - Tuesday 14 November
Click here to see the presentation notes
Documents - please click to open
- Year 3 Parent's Welcome Meeting
- Year 3 Curriculum Evening Slides from 14.11.17
- Suggested Year 3 Reading for Pleasure List
Set on: Tuesday 20th February 2018
Due in: Monday 26th February 2018
Don’t forget to read at least 3 times to an adult each week and ask them to sign your reading record.
You could practice retelling what you have read as well as summarising key parts of the text.
Please practise your spellings and write them out at least 3 times in your homework book in your best joined handwriting.
Here are some suggestions for different ways you might like to practice your spellings this week.
Maths Objective: to develop rapid recall of mental maths facts.
To help practice recalling your times tables quickly, please have some fun playing playing Hit the Button.
Make sure you practice your 3x 4x and 8x tables. You could challenge yourself with beating your score.
Please record your top scores in your homework book and ask a parent to sign it.
If you would like some extra (optional) homework activities - choose a challenge from our takeaway menu here
Homework books and reading records are handed in on Monday mornings.
Spelling tests will also take place on Mondays.
Homework will be given back out on Tuesday's.
Suggested Websites for Mental Maths:
- Year 3 National Curriculum Overview
- Parents’ guide to the Year 3 Curriculum
- Autumn Term Topic Web
- Spring Term Topic Web
- Year 3 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Reading, Writing and Maths
- Class 12 Swimming 11th Jan (every Thursday) until 8th February 2018
- Parents able to come in after school to look at children's work - Friday 23rd February 2018
- World Book Day - Dress Up - Friday 2nd March 2018
- Parents Evening - Tuesday 13th March and Thursday 15th March 2018
We enjoyed a visit from Jonathan's Jungle where we had the opportunity to hold some of his amazing animals.
We wrote a non-chronological report using all the wonderful facts we learnt.
We loved working together to make a carrot car in Jigsaw. We even had a race! Some of the wheels fell off but it was great fun!