Welcome to Year 1
Miss Bloomfield Miss Parsons Miss Osborne
Class 4 Class 5 Class 6
Mrs Ravenscroft (class 5)
Mrs Puntis (class 4)
Mrs Lacey (class 6)
Parents Curriculum Evening - Tuesday 14 November
Click here to see the presentation notes
WELCOME TO YEAR ONE (Please click to open)
Writers of the Week
Class 4 EJ Class 5 LM Class 6 DS
Class 5 Monday and Thursday
Class 6 Tuesday and Wednesday
Class 4 Monday and Thursday
Documents - please click to open
- Autumn Topic Web
- Year 1 Homework
- Year 1 Reading Prompt
- Key Stage 1 Calculation Policy
- Year 1 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Parents’ guide to the Year 1 curriculum
- Key Instant Recall Facts - Autumn 1 and 2
- Year 1 Phonics Screening Check (School Information)
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Year 1 Phonics Screen Check Parents Information
Our maths homework is to work on our Passport Targets.
Children are expected to read 3 times a week and record it in their reading journals.
- Homework guidance
- Additional resources (website links)
- Takeaway menu – optional additional homework
Year 1 Dates
- First day of Term 1 - 4 September 2017
- Teachers Training Day - 2 October 2017
- Meet up for a measure – Wednesday 27th September
- Parents evening – Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th October
- Local Walk - 14 November 2017
- WSLR Visitor WOW starter - 08 January 2018
- Church Visit - 24 January 2018
- Local Walk - 01 February 2018
- Bristol Zoo - 06 March 2018
- Class 6 Assembly 08 May 2018
- Class 5 Assembly 09 May 2018
- Class 4 Assembly 10 May 2018
Links- please click to open
Letters and Sounds– This is a great website where you can play games to practise your phonics.
Numbertime - fun games to support numeracy
Numeracy activities - Maths activities specifically for Year One children.
Family Learning - A super site with links for literacy and numeracy games.
Barnaby Bear - help Barnaby on his travels.