Welcome to Year 1
Mrs Brown Miss Parsons Miss Osborne
Mars Class Jupiter Class Venus Class
Mrs Ravenscroft (Jupiter)
Mrs Puntis (Mars)
Mrs Lovell (Venus)
PARENTS' INFORMATION MEETING YEAR 1 PHONICS SCREENING CHECK - please click on the picture below for more information
YEAR ONE CURRICULUM EVENING POWERPOINT (Please click to open)
This is our Little Red Riding Hood story map. Ask your child to use this to retell the story.
The children designed these to advertise the opening of our post-office role play areas on Friday 13th January. Mrs Peapell is coming as our special guest!
Jupiter Tuesday and Thursday
Venus Tuesday and Thursday
Mars Tuesday and Wednesday
Documents - please click to open
- Terms 1 & 2 Autumn Term Topic Web
- Terms 3 & 4 Spring Topic Web
- Terms 5 & 6 Summer Topic Web
- Year 1 Homework
- Year 1 Reading Prompt
- Key Stage 1 Calculation Policy
- Year 1 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Parents’ guide to the Year 1 curriculum
- Information for parents on the Year 1 curriculum - Haydonleigh Specific
- Key Instant Recall Facts - Autumn 1 and 2
- Year 1 Phonics Screening Check (National Curriculum)
- Year 1 Phonics Screening Check (School Information)
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Year 1 Phonics Screen Check Parents Information
Year One Homework
Our maths homework is to work on our Passport Targets.
Children are expected to read 3 times a week and record it in their reading journals.
Children need to practise their spellings.
- Homework guidance
- Additional resources (website links)
- Takeaway menu – optional additional homework
Year 1 Dates
- First day of Term 1 - Thursday 1st September 2016
- Haydonleigh Open Day - Saturday 24th September 2016 10am-1pm
- McMillan Coffee day and PTA event - Friday 30th September 2016
- TD Day - Monday 3rd October 2016
- Haydonleigh Art Gallery - 4th ,5th and 6th October 2016
- Parents workshops - Thursday 6th October 2016
- Last day of Term 1 - Friday 21st October 2016
- TD day - Monday 31st October 2016
- First day of Term 2 - Tuesday 1st November 2016
- PTA Christmas Bazaar -Thursday 1st December 2016
- Christmas Dinner – Wednesday 14th December 2016
- Last day of Term 2 - Friday 16th December 2016
- TD Day - Tuesday 3rd January 2017
- First day of Term 3 - Wednesday 4th January 2017
Links- please click to open
Letters and Sounds– This is a great website where you can play games to practise your phonics.
Numbertime - fun games to support numeracy
Numeracy activities - Maths activities specifically for Year One children.
Family Learning - A super site with links for literacy and numeracy games.
Barnaby Bear - help Barnaby on his travels.