Welcome to Year 2
Mrs Shea/Mrs Graham
Mrs Small Mrs Noble Mrs Danby
Parents Curriculum Evening - Tuesday 14 November
Click here to see the presentation notes
This term we will be finding exploring the text 'The Twits' by Roald Dahl and finding out just how horrible Mt & Mrs Twit are!
In preparation for writing newspaper reports about the Twits and their awful tricks, we have been using our Talk for Writing skills to learn the part of the story where Mrs Twit gets the 'shrinks'
Ask us to tell you the story using our story map below:
Please click on the following link for information on KS1 SATS
For information for parents regarding the end of Key Stage One tests please click here.
Documents - Please click to open:
- Useful maths vocabulary bookmarks
- Key Stage 1 Calculation Policy
- Year 2 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Parents’ guide to the Year 2 curriculum
- Year 2 Tests - KS1 Parents SATs Guide
- Year 2 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for reading, writing and maths
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Statutory Assessment Guidance for Parents
- 'Welcome to Year '2 Meeting Powerpoint
Children are expected to read 3 times a week and record it in their reading journals.
Children need to practice their spellings daily. A termly sheet will be given to your child at the start of each term.
- Homework guidance for parents, click here
- Useful resources to use:
Jigsaw menu – optional additional homework, click here
Year 2 Dates
- First day of term 1 - 4 September 2017
- Parents Evenings Tuesday 11 and Wednesday 12 October 2017
- SS Great Britain Visit 8 November 2017
Links - Please click to open: