Welcome to Year 2
Mrs Shea/Mrs Graham
Mrs Small Mrs Noble Mrs Danby
Parents Curriculum Evening - Tuesday 14 November
Click here to see the presentation notes
This term, in English, we will be exploring the well known story of Jack and the Beanstalk.
We will be looking at the story from the giant's point of view and also will be exploring Jack's feelings. We will be working with Year 1 to produce our own versions of Jack and the Beanstalk. Watch this space!
Do you remember our story maps from term 1 and term 2? Can you retell the stories of 'The Twits' and 'Beegu?'
Please click on the following link for information on KS1 SATS
For information for parents regarding the end of Key Stage One tests please click here.
Documents - Please click to open:
- Useful maths vocabulary bookmarks
- Key Stage 1 Calculation Policy
- Year 2 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Parents’ guide to the Year 2 curriculum
- Year 2 Tests - KS1 Parents SATs Guide
- Year 2 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for reading, writing and maths
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Statutory Assessment Guidance for Parents
- 'Welcome to Year '2 Meeting Powerpoint
- Topic Web Terms 3 & 4
Our maths homework is the maths passport. Check for this in the front of your child’s reading diary for the current target they are working on. For the yearly targets
click here for Asia.
Click here for Africa
Children are expected to read 3 times a week and record it in their reading journals.
Children need to practice their spellings daily. A termly sheet will be given to your child at the start of each term.
- Homework guidance for parents, click here
- Useful resources to use:
Jigsaw menu – optional additional homework, click here
Year 2 Dates
- First day of term 1 - 4 September 2017
- Parents Evenings Tuesday 11 and Wednesday 12 October 2017
- SS Great Britain Visit 8 November 2017
Links - Please click to open: