Welcome to Year 2
Mrs Sanghera/Mrs Graham
Mrs Danby Mrs Noble Mrs Lacey Mrs Small
Term 3 - Jack & The Beanstalk
We had a great day visiting the SS Great Britain. We hope your children have told you all about it!
A strange set of objects appeared in our school theatre after half-term. After some investigating, we found that they belonged to a small, furry creature called Beegu. We have been exploring the book all about her visit to earth and have begun to learn the story so we can write our own versions over the next few weeks.
Can you remember the our TFW The Twits or Beegu?' Use the Talk for Writing maps to help you.
Please click on the following link for information on KS1 SATS
For information for parents regarding the end of Key Stage One tests please click here.
Documents - Please click to open:
- Useful maths vocabulary bookmarks
- Key Stage 1 Calculation Policy
- Year 2 National Curriculum Overview Jigsaw
- Parents’ guide to the Year 2 curriculum
- Year 2 Tests - KS1 Parents SATs Guide
- Year 2 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for reading, writing and maths
- Suggested Reading for Pleasure Book List
- Statutory Assessment Guidance for Parents
- Terms 1 & 2 Topic Web
- Terms 3 & 4 Topic Web
- Terms 5 & 6 Topic Web
- 'Welcome to Year '2 Meeting Powerpoint
Children are expected to read 3 times a week and record it in their reading journals.
- Homework guidance for parents, click here
- Useful resources to use:
Jigsaw menu – optional additional homework, click here
Year 2 Dates
- TD Day - Tuesday 3rd January 2017
- First day of Term 3 - Wednesday 4th January 2017
- Parents' Evenings 17th & 19th January 2017 4 -7 pm
- TD Day Friday 10th February
Links - Please click to open: