Welcome to Haydonleigh School Council Page
Why do we have a School's Council?
The School's Council is an ideal opportunity for children to get more involved in the way the school is run. The School Council benefits the whole school, children and teachers, because it provides opportunities for pupils to communicate their feelings as well as influence decisions that are made. Councillors develop skills such as confidence, communication and negotiation. It is the responsibility of each Councillor to ensure that they express both their own views and the views of all the other children they represent.
What do we do?
Members of the Council take part in discussions and votes and also feedback any relevant information to their class. At times they are requested to ask their class for ideas or take class votes relating to discussions by the Council. Members meet regularly with Mrs Billinge.
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, OR AN IDEA, TALK TO A SCHOOL COUNCILLOR TODAY!
- Click here for the Leadership Skills for Children
Documents - please click to open
- School Council Minutes 03 September 2017
- School Council Minutes 28 March 2017
- School Council Minutes 28 February 2017
- School Council Minutes 17 January 2017
- School Improvement Plan 16/17
- School Council Minutes 10 January 2017
- School Council Minutes 04 November 2016
- School Council Minutes 21 October 2016