The Role of the Governing Body
The Role of the Governing Board
The role of the Governing Board is to provide confident, strategic leadership and to create robust accountability, oversight and assurance for educational and financial performance.
The Governing Board at Haydonleigh is ambitious that all young children are infused with a passion for education and a commitment of continuous school improvement ensuring the best possible outcomes for all.
The Governing Board has 3 core responsibilities:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and the performance management of the staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure money is well spent.
Effective governance is based on six key features:
- Strategic leadership that sets the vision, ethos and strategy.
- Accountability that drives up the educational standards and financial performance.
- People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity.
- Structure that reinforces clearly the defined roles and responsibilities.
- Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.
The Governing Board at Haydonleigh is made up of volunteers with a variety of skills, qualities and experience whom make up the committees listed below:
- Full Governing Board
- Teaching and Learning
- Appeals panel