The Role of the Governing Body
The role of the Governing Body is to provide confident, strategic leadership and to create robust accountability, oversight and assurance for educational and financial performance.
The Governing Body at Haydonleigh is ambitious that all young children are infused with a passion for education and a commitment of continuous school improvement ensuring the best possible outcomes for all.
The Governing Body has 3 core responsibilities:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and the performance management of the staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure money is well spent.
Effective governance is based on six key features:
- Strategic leadership that sets the vision, ethos and strategy.
- Accountability that drives up the educational standards and financial performance.
- People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity.
- Structure that reinforces clearly the defined roles and responsibilities.
- Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.
The Governing Body at Haydonleigh is made up of volunteers with a variety of skills, qualities and experience whom make up the committees listed below:
- Full Governing Body
- Teaching and Learning
- Appeals panel
Minutes of Governor meetings can be viewed on request.
To contact any of the Governors please contact the school on 01793 700443